Sabah announces the first travel bubble activity between KK, Kota Belud
By Olivia Miwil - March 2, 2021 @ 9:52pm
KOTA KINABALU: Sabah has announced the first travel bubble package for people to cross the East Malaysian state's districts starting tomorrow.
State Covid-19 spokesman Datuk Seri Masidi Manjun said the Sutera Harbour Resorts could transport their guests from here to its premises in Kota Belud.
"Such a travel bubble concept is allowed with condition that the travel is 'point-to-point'. Guests from Sutera Harbour Resort & Spa can head to Rampayan jetty in Kota Belud without having to get a police permission letter.
"Tourists have to show their declaration of low health risks via MySejahtera or Sabah Trace App, proof of booking, packages or itinerary or any documents required by the police," he said in a statement.
Masidi, who is also Sabah local government and housing minister, added that apart from tourists, the hotel staff would also be allowed to travel between both districts provided that they show their work passes or support documents from their employers.
However, before crossing districts, he said the resorts have to apply for police permission should they use registered tour vehicles for tourists that come in groups.
"The operator also has to prepare a sick bay for emergency isolation should the tourists not feel well or have symptoms."
On the Covid-19 update, Masidi said Sabah recorded 53 cases, which is the lowest for five months.
One death was reported in Sandakan and 85 patients had been discharged.